Skip to main content

About your Search

20121202
20121210
STATION
KGO (ABC) 2
WJLA (ABC) 1
WMAR (ABC) 1
LANGUAGE
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)
ABC
Dec 2, 2012 8:00am PST
beyond that's going to be good for the long term american economy. >> but you said you're getting closer, they're saying you're getting much farther apart. they say that this is not a serious proposal. >> we have a very good plan. we have a very good mix of tax reforms that raise a modest amount of revenues on the wealthy 2% of americans. combined with very comprehensive, very detailed savings that get us back to the point where the debt is stable and favorable. if we can do that carefully, we can invest in things to make america stronger. we can rebuild infrastructure. we think those are good investments in america and we think we can afford them. >> let's look at an outline of what republicans said they heard in the meeting. $1.6 trillion in tax increases over the next ten years. $50 billion in stimulus spending right now. $400 billion in unspecified medicare cuts. over the next ten years. and then, permanent authority to increase the debt limit the president wants that authority. they look at that 1.6 trillion in revenue and say it's twice as much you get from raising taxes on the wea
ABC
Dec 9, 2012 10:00am EST
for the economy and you? we'll get the latest from our decisionmakers. our capitol hill roundtable. debbie stabenow. tom coburn and jeep hensarling. >>> we'll get the decisions with our roundtable. then, our powerhouse roundtable weighs in on that and all of the week's politics. tea party stalwart abandons. >> conservatives on the hill are counting on us. >>> and the supreme court court takes on gay marriage. we'll break it all down with george will, james carville and mary matalin. paul krugman of the "new york times" and abc's own matthew dowd . >>> hello, again, just over three weeks away from that fiscal cliff, we just come off a week of press conferences, symbolic votes in senate, but less than an hour of serious negotiating. what will it take to break the stalemate? we'll get into that this morning, with two big roundtables of elected officials and experts. let's begin with the lawmakers. senator tom coburn for the republicans and debbie stabenow for the democrats. and congressman hensarlingg. the president said that for there to be a big deal, tax rates on the wealthy are going to h
ABC
Dec 9, 2012 9:00am EST
to do to the economy, hardworking americans are going to see a 2% reduction in their paycheck if they keep them. listen, the president, again, if he would do what he said before the election, what the republicans feel like is a little bit like charlie brown running to kick the football and lucy pulls it away. ultimate lit's a spending problem. the american people know it. this talk of taxes is almost irrelevant to the size of the trillions and trillions of debt. >> senator coburn, you say, senator, that you could sign on to a tax rate increase provided that the president and the democrats come guard with significant spending cuts and entitlement reform. what will it take for you to sign on to a tax rate increase? >> significant entitlement reform. the real problem, the president is proposing 7% of the solution. what we have been working on the other 93%. even if you do what he wants to do on tax rates, you only affect 7% of the deficit. we have spend ourselves into a hole and we're not going to raise taxes, borrow money and get out of it. will i accept a tax increase as part o
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4 (some duplicates have been removed)